The sections herein are to assist in troubleshooting how SnapKast
is operating. You will typically be directed by the SnapKast Support
team to perform one or more of the items below so that they may
assist you in finding the source of a problem and resolving it with
Please make sure that your computer meets the minimum system
requirements found on the SnapKast Support Site.
- Place the installation file on your desktop.
- WinXP: Click cmd and hit Enter to launch the DOS command window, or
, then type
Vista: Type cmd in the
field and hit Enter to launch the DOS command window.
- Type cd Desktop to change your working directory to the desktop.
- Type SnapKastSetup-JF.exe /log="install.log". This launches the setup program and also creates a file on your desktop called install.log.
- If the installation fails again, we now have a log record. Proceed to reboot and try launching SnapKast from the new shortcut again, just as you did before.
- Please include these two files as attachments in an email you send to us:
the install.log file on your desktop and the
snapkast.log file in your My Documents\SnapKast folder
in WinXP or Documents\SnapKast folder on Vista.
- Locate SnapKast in the program list then uninstall it.
- Look in C:\Program Files for a directory named SnapKastSVG.
If that directory exists, look for a file in there called uninst.exe.
Double-click on this file to remove the SVG conversion program.
- Restart your computer.
Finding and reporting Low-Level Errors
- Type cmd, then hit Enter. This launches the DOS
command window. We'll come back to this in a moment.
- Right click on the SnapKast Media Center
icon on your desktop and select Properties from the popup menu.
- Click the Find Target...
button to go to the SnapKast installation folder.
- Highlight the full path in the Address
bar of the explorer window and click
- Go back to the command window and type cd
(note the space after the cd is required), then right-click and select Paste then
hit the Enter key. This should take you to the SnapKast installation
directory where you can now execute the program from the command prompt.
- Type mediacenter.bat, then hit Enter.
- Take a screenshot of the window and email it to us.
To take a screenshot:
- Make sure the command window is shown and active (i.e. has focus)
- Hold down the Alt key, then hit the PRT-SCR key
- Save the file as type png and include as an attachment in your email to us.
Getting Your System Information
- On the program that launches, click
and save the file to your desktop.
Archiving a SnapKast Recorded Session
- Download and install 7-zip zipping utility (http://www.7-zip.org)
- Navigate to
My Documents\SnapKast\captured\Unpublished.comm\Unpublished.fld\ppt-file-name.lec in Winxp, or
Documents\SnapKast\captured\Unpublished.comm\Unpublished.fld\ppt-file-name.lec in Vista
(where ppt-file-name is the name of the PowerPoint
file you used for the session; if you recorded a Whiteboard session,
then look for untitled- followed by the date and time of
the recording session).
- Right-click on the folder and select
from the popup menu.
- Select zip as the archive format, then click OK.
You may encounter issues regarding sending large files in email.
If this is the case, you'll need to upload the file to a website that
we can access.